Wednesday, June 29, 2011

George Town Heritage Trails

I got to know about the Penang Heritage Trust (PHT) when I wrote about Penang heritage for a school project several years ago. I've since felt enriched by greater awareness of the richness of Penang's heritage, knowledge of the existence of PHT and the experience of visiting several sites on PHT-coordinated tours.

I've spoken about PHT and its tours to several friends (and strangers on bus, have picked off the road etc) over the years, and usually, it would be the first time they've heard of PHT! It is such a shame that most Penangites lose out on seeing the treasures we have in the State.

I was recently excited to read about new trails being run by PHT and other organisations in conjunction with the upcoming George Town Festival. But soon discovered that the telephone number for the Living Museum Tour on the Star newspaper article is wrong - Right number is 014 342 3511. And the details are wrong / incomplete too!

So do go to the George Town Festival website for the complete list of programmes for Penang in July. Below is a calendar of events. I'll probably see how much I can squeeze in on 7th July. What amongst the program do you find most interesting?

No comments:

Post a Comment